Discover the Full Story
At Hotzone Middle East we provide comprehensive service consulting for the fields of CBRNe, HAZMAT, Radiation safety. Our consulting services include threat and vulnerability assessments; technical and operational support to field missions and live agent training; development and testing of procedures and manuals; exercise design, coordination, and management; development of training curricula.
The occupational safety and health administration require
that training is performed for employees working at hazardous sites. Why?
Many sites and facilities licensed to possess radioactive materials are also involved in hazardous operations. In either event, these projects must be performed in an efficient and timely manner, with consideration for providing a safe work environment for the workforce. Training is an important element in maintaining a safe workplace.
Hotzone Middle East’s CBRN Consulting is a full-service consulting firm specializing in Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) threats. We provide training, exercises, plan writing, program management, and vulnerability assessments to both public and private customers. Our consulting service includes:
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
- Development of Policies, Plans, and Procedures
- Independent audit of existing plans
-Effective Utilization of Equipment
- Integration of HAZMAT / CBRN concerns into other areas
- Radiation Detection in the Urban Environment
- VIP / Executive Protection Plans
- Training and Exercises
Our radiation safety consultants provide comprehensive regulatory support services for radioactive materials programs, such as Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, Brachytherapy, PET and research. Our service includes:
- On-site surveys and audits of radioactive materials programs.
- Testing for removable contamination
- Radiation level measurements in areas of typical exposure
-Review of staff-conducted surveys and other pertinent records.
- Comprehensive radioactive materials license assistance and management.
- Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) services. Click here for more information on our RSO services.
- Policy and procedure guidance for new, existing or relocating facilities.
- Assistance with enforcement or violation proceedings.
- State and Federal Regulatory updates.
Hotzone Middle East offers hazmat consulting services for the most effective and efficient management of compliance activities.
When you work with Hotzone Middle East, we help you make sure that your business is operating effectively, efficiently, and in compliance with all hazardous materials and dangerous goods transportation regulations.
Our team of hazmat experts provides a variety of dangerous goods consulting services to businesses in a number of industries. As part of our hazmat consulting services, we can:
- Evaluate your hazardous materials/dangerous goods compliance program.
- Provide hazmat training that will help you and your staff gain an understanding of regulatory issues.
- Assist with resolving regulatory issues plaguing your organization.
- Assist with due diligence for possible acquisitions or the evaluation of acquisitions.
- Determine if your products are properly identified.
- Create/update your policies and procedures and MSDS/SDS library to help you avoid inconsistencies and penalty actions.
- Provide expert witness testimony and hazmat litigation support.
Radiation Protection Officer should supervise Radiation Protection measures relating to gauge maintenance, leak testing, and exchange and storage of sources.
- Requirement: Each licensee who uses a sealed source shall have the source tested for leakage periodically. The licensee shall keep a record of leak test results in units of microcuries and retain the record for inspection by the Commission for 3 years after the leak test is performed. Should require testing of sealed sources for leakage at regular intervals at least once in a year, as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Method of testing: The wipe of a sealed source must be performed using a leak test kit or method approved by FANR. The wipe sample must be taken from the nearest accessible point to the sealed source where contamination might accumulate. The wipe sample must be analyzed for radioactive contamination. The analysis must be capable of detecting the presence of 185 Bq [0.005 microcuries] of radioactive material on the test sample and must be performed in a laboratory.
- Frequency: Leak test needs to be done immediately for a newly import source, during storage of radioactive material at least annually and then before disposal or export of radioactive material.
Hotzone Solutions Middle East provide full consultancy with respect to getting a FANR license, “License to conduct Regulated Activities”, which is valid for 3 years. The FANR consultancy includes. A license is required to carry out activities involving ionizing radiation. Any business or governmental organization including entities operating in free zones, which possess, use, manufacture, handle, store, import or export, transport and dispose of radioactive materials, X-ray generators or other sources of ionizing radiation.
- Registering the Organization
- Registering the radioactive sources / X-Ray machines
- Radiation Safety Plan
Hotzone Solutions Middle East has a certified team who performs Radiation Safety Assessment and have good experience in doing safety assessment in an industrial as well as medical sector.
- The requirement from FANR: Radiation Safety Assessment is the basic requirement from FANR for those who handle X-Ray machines and radioactive material. This is the basis for the protection and safety program. Hotzone Solutions have a certified team who performs radiation safety assessment.
- Radiation Safety Assessment deals with each type of radiation source used by the licensee, and include the licensee’s equipment, procedures, and operations. We estimate the doses due to routine operations and the potential doses due to accidents and based on this information we specify the radiation protection equipment and procedures that the licensee needs. A licensee that is already in operation should conduct a safety assessment to check whether any additional safety measures are needed.
- Method of testing: The radiation safety assessment is done with the certified equipment and then taking into consideration the worst-case scenario and occupancy factor as mentioned in FANR Regulatory Guide 007.
- Frequency: Safety Assessment should be done at least annually or whenever there a new source or X-Ray machine is installed.
Hotzone Solutions Middle East have a certified team who performs Radiation Safety Assessment and have good experience in doing safety assessment in an industrial as well as medical sector.
Hotzone Solutions provides complete services with respect to Import and Export of radioactive material;
- Obtaining Import / Export license from FANR.
- Leak Testing for a new import source and leak testing for a source prior to disposal.
- Dealing with a manufacture for an import/export.
- Flight Bookings of radioactive material.
- Shipping Papers and preparing a Dangerous Goods Declaration.
- Customs Clearance.
- Dealing with custom officers.
Arranging to pick up and drop of radioactive material in a FANR approved vehicle.
We conduct all types of Annual Quality Control Service or Acceptance Tests for all diagnostic equipment in radiology department & dental clinics using calibrated QC Tools which gives assurance to the importance of accuracy in dose delivery in radiation generators and also to ensure quality and effectiveness and avoid accidents and incidents in the workplace.
- OSL measures radiation exposure due to x-ray, gamma, and beta radiation with optically stimulated luminescence (OSL) technology. The OSL detector inside Luxel+ is a thin strip of specially formulated AI2O3:C (aluminum oxide) crystalline material.
- Another is PRT (Proton Recoil Track) which is used for the measurement of neutron radiation. We can also provide a single badge which measures gamma & neutron radiation.