Basic Emergency Radiation Response Course
The target group for this course is the response teams who are responsible for the safety in case of radiation incident.
The aim of this course is to qualify the participants to work in individually or/and in teams in case of any incident involving ionizing radiation. This course is in line with NFPA 472 and best practices for emergency and first response personnel.
- Distinguish immediate response needs;
- Understand how to record Radiation Dose Exposure;
- Ability to establish Safety Zones & Safe Distances;
- Radiation detection procedures;
- Radiation protection procedures;
- Self-decontamination procedures;
- Other party decontamination procedures.
Participants are required to pass an assessment by the end of the course and successfully perform practical exercises.
Participants should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the Radiation Safety Awareness Course;
- Medically and physically fit
- Communication skills, leadership skills, analytical skills.
Method of Training
Delivery methods include Classroom and Practical Training, including realistic scenarios with SEALED RADIATION SOURCES.