Basic Nuclear Emergency Response Course
This course is suitable for nuclear emergency/crisis response teams.
Qualify the participants to respond to nuclear incidents.
- Nuclear & Radiological safety;
- Understand main Features of Nuclear Power Plants and nuclear energy;
- Awareness of consequences of a nuclear accident;
- Develop consequence management measures after a nuclear accident in a power plant;
- Understand causes and effects of Chernobyl and Fukushima through case studies and its comparison;
- Working on radiologically contaminated areas;
- Protection against open radioactive sources;
- Detection of radioactive sources in a contaminated environment;
- Decontamination procedures;
- Case studies scenarios and tabletop exercises.
Delegates will be assessed on their theoretical and practical knowledge about the course content.
Participants should meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the basic CBRN awareness course.
- Medically and physically fit.
Method of Training
Delivery methods include: Classroom and Practical Training; Tabletop exercises