Critical Infrastructure CBRNe Security and Inspection Course
This course is suitable for security personnel working in critical infrastructure.
The CBRN awareness course provides an introduction to chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) weapons and how CBRNE weapons pose a threat to airports, passengers and vital sites (critical infrastructure).
The course is designed to provide comprehensive general knowledge to allow a participant to accurately identify and assess threat situations.
- During the program, the following topics are covered:
- Current CBRNE threat assessment
- High-risk targets (vital sites)
- Chemical agents, properties and effects
- Biological agents, properties and effects
- Radiological and nuclear material, properties and effects
- Improvised explosive and improvised dispersal devices
- Threat recognition and assessment
- Detection and monitoring technologies
- Immediate response and personal protection
- Principles of decontamination
- Legal responsibilities under international laws and regulations
Delegates will be assessed on their theoretical and practical knowledge about the course content.
Course participants need to have completed the basic CBRN awareness course.
Furthermore, the participants should be:
Medically and physically fit (Employer to provide a medical clearance for the employee to work in personal protective equipment)
Method of Training
Delivery methods include: Classroom and Practical Training; Tabletop exercises