Radiation Emergency Response Course (Silver Level)
This course is designated for Officers and Senior NCOs (team leaders).
The aim of this course is to build up the knowledge obtained in the RN Emergency Response Course and to provide the basic skills to control the situation and to command a team.
- The basics of radiation physics
- Awareness about radiation exposure and radiation protection
- The use of detection equipment
- The transport and storage requirements of radioactive material
- The intervention techniques and tactical deployment.
Delegates will be assessed on their theoretical and practical knowledge about the course content.
- Radiation emergency response course (bronze level).
- Medically and physically fit.
Method of Training
Delivery methods include: Classroom and Practical Training; Tabletop exercises