Radiation Protection in Dental Radiology
The target group for this course is:
- Every Radiation workers who are involved with intra oral dental, OPG, panoramic, etc.
- Dental Nurses
- Dental Technicians
The aim of the Course is to familiarize participants with radiation health physics with respect to Dental Practice and to teach them the safe radiation practice use of dental radiation generating machines.
This course is designed according to the requirements of FANR and International Atomic Energy Agency.
The course will cover the necessary information about radiation protection for dental personnel by providing insights into:
- Review of radiation fundamentals
- Quantities and measurements
- Biological effects of ionizing radiation
- Principles of radiation protection and the international framework
- Protection against occupational exposure
Participants are required to pass an assessment (written examination) at the end of this course.
Has an education of secondary level corresponding to 10-12 years of schooling, communication skills in English, leadership skills, analytical skills, human-machine interface skills.
Method of Training
Trainees will learn by active participation in live enthusiastic and interesting activities using Live tools and interactive techniques through different scenarios.
This training is provided using SEALED RADIOACTIVE SOURCES.