Radiation Safety Course
The target group for this course is the response teams who are responsible of the safety in case of radiation incident.
The aim of this Course is to familiarize the participants with the different types of radiation, detection principles and protective measures.
This course is in line with NFPA 472 and the best practices for emergency and first response personnel.
- Comprehend safety requirements in relation to Radioactive Material (RAM);
- Comprehend the threat posed by RAM in respect to industrial and nuclear accidents;
- Comprehend decontamination procedures in relation to RAM.
Participants are required to pass an assessment (written examination).
Participants should be:
- Medically and physically fit
- Communication skills, leadership skills, analytical skills
Method of Training
Trainees will learn by active participation in live enthusiastic and interesting activities using Live tools and interactive techniques through different scenarios with SEALED RADIOACTIVE SOURCES.